- My Cathy Marie Hake books. She is a house favorite. I threatened my daughter the other day w/ living at home when she goes to college if she lends 2 of my set out to a co-worker and they don't make it home! They mean more since Cathy has signed them!!
- The Restorer series by Sharon Hinck is a fantastic set and I try to tell people about them all the time. Our book club read her first book and we all loved it. Then my 15 yr old daughter's book club read the series!
- Julie Lessman's series Daughters of Boston is a no brainer on my end. I fell in love with this series w/ book 1 and plan to have every single book from Julie! I may need to have an entire shelf for her books, but that'll make me a happy lady.
- My Janette Oke series' are old as the hills, but I'm so happy that I have them. I know they aren't modern and fast-paced chic-lit, but I love seeing them on my bookshelf. She sent & signed a book to me, oh, about 13-15 yrs ago. It was such a surprise and a blessing to me. It was so awesome when my girls were old enough to enjoy them.
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. My one and only "single" on this list. I gave this to my mom, hoping she'd read it. Uh, that was a no go. I then re-purchased a copy for myself. This is the only book that I know of that I've replaced if I've given my copy away. This is a timeless novel w/ the redeeming love of Christ as the center of the story.
Oh, that was painful. I look at the books sitting on my shelf and feel bad for the books that weren't chosen. Of course I'd love to go back and change my answers, but then I'd feel bad all over again. Ugh, what was I thinking? My old Bronte collection is an absolute favorite. I have some seriously old copies of different books that I love to see just sitting on the shelf.
One thing I do to keep my bookshelf to a minimum is having the 1st book in a series. Would I love to have every book in a series if I could? Heck yah, but space is limited. Since I only have 2 bookshelves, the best I can do is at least have the starter books. Thankfully a lot of my books are stand alone. One day I'd love to have my own library. A wall (or 2) of built in shelves? Ahhh, a girl can dream!
Ok, I'm totally cheating and adding Kristen Heitzmann as one of my favorite authors!! How could I foget her? Ugh, back again...Tracie Peterson & either of the Judiths...love their books!!! I am such a CHEATER!!!