At the end of last year I began using a more eco friendly cleaning products to clean our home. One of my issues was the fact I was using lots of paper towels. That's where the Skoy Cloth stepped in to take over paper towel duty.
When they arrived in their cute packaging I wasn't sure I'd be able to use them. I mean, they're waaay cuter than some boring ol' white paper towel. On top of that, using them meant I got to c-l-e-a-n which just isn't my cup of tea. Let's be honest here. Maybe cleaning products, regardless of how cute they are, aren't the direction I should go. My house will end up being clean and I won't know what to do with it! hahahahaha Thanks a lot to Michelle at Skoy who made all this fabulous cleaning possible by sending me my very own set!
My aunt came over this weekend and that meant we had to bust a move and get the house cleaned as fast as possible. I'm a disorganized cleaner and this is definitely one area that the Skoy came in handy. When I start cleaning, especially in a mad dash, I tend to forget to to empty out the trash of the overflowing paper towels, signs of my last minute clean up.
NO MORE! I walked around rinsing out my Skoy Cloth and using it over and over again. It was so awesome. In the bathroom, all I used to wipe down the mirror was a squeezed out Skoy. Absolutely no streaks unlike using a spray and my extrememly cheap paper towels. This one Skoy Cloth is going to be used over and over again unlike an entire paper towel roll to clean one bathroom.
My one request is that they make one that's black so I can use it on the toilet. *grin* I don't want to use my pastel, cute Skoy Cloth on the nasty toilets (I have 2 little boys who miss)! Today I'm going to head into the living room and start some dusting at the computer desk and entertainment center. Ah, cleaning, it can be fun.
Here's a bit of info on the Skoy Cloth:
- One Skoy Cloth saves 15 rolls of paper towels
- 100% biodegradable and natural
- Reusable and machine washable
- Absorbs 15 times its own weight
Would you love to win a 4 pack of Skoy Cloths? Here's how you can do it:
REQUIRED: Head to Skoy, and tell me which set you would enjoy trying. Leave me a comment letting me know. This will be your entry. Must be at least 18 to enter and a US resident. Leave your email address or have it available in your contact profile. No email/contact = No entry. Giveaway ends February 2, 2010, 10pm CST.
1) Follow Skoy on Facebook & leave a comment letting them know you headed there from Woven by Words ( 2 entries, comment 2x)
2) Follow Woven by Words (left sidebar) using Google Friends (2 entries, comment 2x)
3) Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry)
4) Follow me on Twitter (2 entries, comment 2x)
5) Enter one of my other current giveaways & let me know which one (1 entry)
6) Grab my button and let me know where to find it (1 entry)
7) Make a purchase from Skoy (5 entries, comment 5x & I need to verify)Michelle & Karen: ‘The idea originated when Michelle was living in Europe in the late 90’s. She discovered a product that was similar to the SKOY cloth and it was just amazing. Over time she found the cloth to be indispensible. When she moved back to the US, she realized that the use of a sponge was inadequate and the excessive use of paper towels, wasteful. Michelle searched and searched for a similar cloth and nothing even compared; nothing was of the same caliber. This is when Michelle introduced the cloth to Karen. She immediately fell in love with it and could not imagine cleaning with anything else.’