When it comes to photo editing and creating amazing layouts I have a new go-to software called CraftArtist. I’ve never been really hot at editing my photos and doing really cool effects with them. Well, that time is over.
When I got the software and opened the box, I nearly jumped for joy with what was included. Remember getting a big box for a software program and all that was included was a little sheet on how to install the software but no other guidance as how to use it? Oh, and if there was a User Guide it gave the bare bones and maybe a couple troubleshooting options?
I’d personally like to kiss whoever decided they were going to add a full and complete User Guide. And when I say FULL and COMPLETE I mean 255 pages of useful, step-by-step pages of guidance.
Then, in the same vein of guidance, they have an entire tutorial video series to help walk you through the different features at DaisyTrail.com. Those videos are so fantastic!! I’m definitely a hands on kind of gal so walking me through the process is phenomenal. I think I just need to live with the video tutorials on my desktop.
Now the only downfall in this review is that it’s not going to be complete. Why? might you ask? Well, thanks to this dinosaur of a computer, I have no DVD drive. A travesty I know. The package comes with a Scrapbooking DVD and a Greeting Cards DVD.
Oh my goodness, you have GOT to love this part. And let me tell you, thank goodness for the video tutorials yet again for helping me along. Look at what we can do with our photos! I have to tell you, one of my favorite features is making shadows out of the embellishments. See the 3 flowers grouped together? I clicked the shadow button and voila, there was the really cool shadow behind them.
So, what projects can you do with CraftArtist Platinum Edition:
- Gift Bags
- And so much more!!
Here’s a bit more info about CraftArtist Platinum Edition. CraftArtist Platinum will ship to you on 5 discs (one program CD and 4 discs - 2 DVDs and 2 CDs - containing the 4 Digikit collections).
With one-click, true-to-life crafting tools, such as scissors and hole punches, and a built-in photo editor, anyone can create high-definition digital designs that are ideal for printing or sharing online. Designs can be tailored to a crafter’s own style with unlimited pictures, text and other artistic elements. The CraftArtist software is incredibly easy to use, thanks to its simple drag-and-drop functions and video tutorials. What’s more, creations can be printed from home or made into a PDF file or digital image for professional printing.
The line of products includes:
· CraftArtist Wedding Day ($29.99) – the perfect solution for brides and grooms looking to save time and money by creating their own custom-made wedding stationery and decorations
· CraftArtist Baby Photos ($29.99) – the complete package for parents who want to make high quality, personalized photobooks and cards with their cherished baby photos
· CraftArtist Greeting Cards ($29.99) – the essential product for anyone who wants to create and print personalized cards at home, helping users save money while having fun
· CraftArtist Scrapbooks ($29.99) – the ultimate home scrapbooking software to make beautiful, personalized scrapbooks and albums to share with friends and family
· CraftArtist Gold ($29.99) – a fantastic value, with a selection of kits and templates from Wedding Day, Baby Photos, Greeting Cards and Scrapbooks, plus the CraftArtist software
· CraftArtist Platinum ($59.99) – the all-in-one package for creating every type of print project imaginable. It includes all the content from Wedding Day, Baby Photos, Greeting Cards and Scrapbooks plus the CraftArtist Professional software, with added features, digital tools, embellishments, materials and backgrounds for extra value.
“Our new CraftArtist range makes the creative products of a craft store accessible to all PC users,” says Gary Bates, Managing Director at Serif. “It offers a fun, easy and affordable way for everyone to create personalized print projects regardless of their age, experience or artistic ability. The assortment of tools and techniques make digital crafting designs more realistic than ever before. There really is no other product range of this kind and we’re confident users will agree CraftArtist offers maximum value for their money.”
Another key feature of CraftArtist is the ability to upload creations with one click to the popular social crafting community, DaisyTrail.com. DaisyTrail is the online social scrapbooking network for scrapbookers and crafters to share their designs with family and friends, and to exchange creative tips with others.
All products in the CraftArtist range are compatible with Windows 7/Vista/XP. All programs except CraftArtist Gold will be available immediately, beginning January 21, directly from http://www.serif.com and from major retailers including Amazon.
About Serif Serif is the publisher of the award-winning software range that includes PagePlus®, PhotoPlus®, DrawPlus®, WebPlus®, AlbumPlus™, MoviePlus®, PanoramaPlus™ and Digital Scrapbook Artist® and more. Founded in 1987 with the aim to develop low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, Serif has been repeatedly praised for its powerful yet easy-to-use software which has put professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of ordinary PC users around the world. Now with over 6.5 million customers worldwide, Serif has over 230 employees at its head office, development and European sales centre in Nottingham, UK and its North American sales operation in New Hampshire, US.