- In an unprecedented move to combine casual gaming with the ecommerce experience, HSN Arcade allows people to play their favorite games online while they simultaneously watch HSN streaming live in HD, view the item currently on-air and quickly shop the last 15 items aired…all on one screen.
- HSN Arcade will integrate with Facebook® to allow players to easily share their scores and achievements with theirFacebook friends.
- HSN Arcade will host 25 games, including the exclusive Today’s Special Jigsaw Puzzle, Lights! Camera! Subtraction! (featuring HSN’s celebrities), Crossword Puzzles, Word Search, Mahjongg, Sudoku, Treasure Hunt, Blackjack and more.
- Celebrities like Wolfgang Puck, Colin Cowie, Lisa Price and Wei East among others will play a role in some of the games.
- The games are FREE to play.
- Players can win prizes, including the Today's Special product or a gift card, by being the fastest to complete the daily “Today’s Special Jigsaw Puzzle” and receiving the best score.
- People will also be able to participate in tournaments with HSN’s celebrity guests, hosts and other players for the opportunity to win other prizes, such as gift cards and products.
- Winners can be announced via TV, online and mobile.
- HSN partnered with Arkadium, the largest provider of gaming solutions, to develop this new platform. Entertainment agency WME helped HSN frame the gaming opportunity with external vendors.
- According to Newzoo survey, currently more than 140 million people play casual games on line, which represents 66% of the U.S. online population.
- HSN is offering a chance to meet Jennifer Lopez at the premiere of her newest fragrance, Love and Light, on July 2. This will be a $3,000 prize package including airfare and deluxe accommodations. Visit Facebook page for details.
- This puzzle pulls in a daily feed of the Today’s Special image. The Today's Special image breaks into multiple puzzle pieces, and the goal is to put together the puzzle as fast as possible to receive the best score.
- The player who completes the Today’s Special Jigsaw Puzzle the fastest will win an HSN gift card.
Headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL, HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its customers. HSN incorporates entertainment, inspiration, personalities and industry experts to provide an entirely unique shopping experience. At HSN, customers find exceptional selections in Health & Beauty (e.g. M. Asam, Carol's Daughter, Coty, Elizabeth Arden, Signature Club A, Andrew Lessman, Lancôme, My Life Mary J. Blige, Benefit, Stila, Perlier, Serious Skin Care, Wei East, ybf Beauty); Jewelry (e.g. Heidi Daus, Iris Apfel, R.J. Graziano, Rarities: Fine Jewelry by Carol Brodie, Amedeo Scognamiglio, Tori Spelling); Home/Lifestyle (e.g. Jeffrey Banks, Nate Berkus, Bissell, Colin Cowie, Dyson, Easy Exotic by Padma Lakshmi, Todd English, Emeril Lagasse, Happi Chic by Jonathan Adler, Joy Mangano, MoMA Design Store, Wolfgang Puck); Fashion/Accessories (e.g. American Glamour Badgley Mischka, Joan Boyce, Curations with Stefani Greenfield, Libby Edelman, Sam Edelman, Chi by Carlos Falchi, Diane Gilman, IMAN Global Chic, "Timeless" by Naeem Khan, Twiggy LONDON, The Queen Collection by Queen Latifah, Sharif, Serena Williams Signature Statement); andElectronics (e.g. Sony, Kodak, Acer, Olympus, GE, Panasonic).
A leader in transactional innovation, HSN is the only retailer offering live streaming video in HD on three screens: TV, online and mobile. HSN broadcasts live to 96 million households in the US in HD 24/7, and its website – hsn.com – is a top 10 e-commerce site, featuring more than 15,000 product videos. Mobile applications include HSN apps for iPad, iPhone and Android. HSN, founded 34 years ago as the first shopping network, is an operating segment of HSN, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSNI).
I did not receive any compensation for this post.