Ok, I have a confession to make. I have no idea “how” to grill. I mean, sure, I can get some steaks, chops, or ground beef and cook it on the grill, but I’m not aficionado. The biggest reason is fear.
Up until a couple weeks ago, I was afraid I was going to kill my boys with uncooked meat! I’m not kidding. I know certain meats, especially chicken, chops, or burgers are supposed to be grilled to a certain degree.
So, you know what that means? Means I cooked my burgers until they were super duper cooked. Of course, that’s not healthy either. No middle ground for me. I think last year I cooked burgers twice on my grill.
Well, no more! I have the answer to my problems and that answer has had me out cooking on the grill 3 times in the past two weeks!
Orgeon Scientific has changed how I grill. I was sent the Grill Right Wireless Talking BBQ and Oven Thermometer. It. Is. Amazing! I feel like I can conquer the grill now. I’m not joking in the slightest. This baby is phenomenal!
- Digital LCD screen with remote wireless probe to identify temperature/readiness of meat
- Speaks in five languages with corresponding display (English, Spanish, German, French, Danish)
- Sensor has temperature range from 32 deg F to 572 deg F
- Programmable entree programs include beef, lamb, veal, hamburger, pork, turkey, chicken, and fish
- Four doneness selections include rare, medium rare, medium, and well done
- Two verbal and three audio alert options let you know the status of your meal - almost ready, ready and overcooked
- Audio alarm sounds when selected temperature is reached
- Main unit will receive the probe signal from up to 330 feet away
- Stainless steel probe detaches from sensor for easy cleaning
- Low battery indicator
- Batteries included - Main Unit: 2 x AA Remote Unit: 2 x AAA
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
I loved the audio telling me my food was almost done. And then when it was done, it would tell me and then the alarm would go off. LOL It was funny, but loud! It made me jump the first time it announced the food was almost done. =)
It’s so awesome that it’s wireless. Makes life so much easier. I can grab the main unit and do yard work around the grill. I can keep an eye on the meat temp while still being productive. No, I can’t just stand there watching meat cook!
This gadget was super easy to figure out and to use. I will be grilling as much as possible this year because of it!
The ONE thing I wish it had would be to automatically turn itself off after an hour or so. I left it outside the first night and when I remembered, it’d been on (after I’d been done grilling) for about 4 hours. I walked out and both units were still on. Only stinks cuz I know it drained the batter. My bad, I know.
Oregon Scientific has a LOT of really awesome gadgets! They've got Weather Radios, Weather Instruments, Atomic Clocks, Personal Electronics, and much more!
The Grill Right Wireless Talking BBQ and Oven Thermometer will be part of my Spring Grilling package for the Spring Fever event which will start April 15th!!
*I was sent this item for review and the opinions expressed are my own and never influenced by the company.