Today’s writing prompt is to write a blog post in 12 lines. I’m going to have to get creative with this one! lol I’ve been waiting to share so here it goes…
Dad and his crazy huge computer!
1. My boys and I will be moving in December from Minnesota to Virginia to live with and near my family which I haven’t done since I was 18 (25 yrs ago).
2. I didn’t think it would be that hard to leave because I hate Minnesota weather, but it turns out that Minnesota has become home to me over the last 14 yrs.
3. It wasn’t an easy choice to decide to move away from everything that’s become familiar to me and my boys, where they’ve been born and raise for 13 and 9 yrs.
4. I’ve never lived somewhere for so long in my life.
5. My oldest son has been asking various people, including my oldest daughter, if they will let him live with them or in my daughter’s case, if she would move home so he didn’t have to leave.
6. I don’t handle change very well so it’s going to be an adjustment for all of us, and my moods lately have been swinging all over the place.
7. The hardest part for me will be leaving my daughters who I never thought I’d ever live away from, especially here in Minnesota where people rarely leave.
8. My ex husband will be moving into the house so if things don’t pan out the way I’m hoping they will (to be able to stand on my own two feet financially), I will be able to move back to the house and start all over again.
9. I will give it until or through the summer to see how things go because if is too much of an adjustment, we can just as easily pack up and move back to what we know and go from there.
10. I won’t be telling my boys about the “opt-out” plan because my oldest could intentionally make it absolutely miserable, whereas my youngest son’s biggest concern is “do they have WiFi and do you know the password?” because he wants to be sure he can still used his iPod.
11. I have a huge 5 bedroom house that I’ve lived in for 6 yrs (we only moved about 5 miles from our previous house we’d lived in for 8 yrs) and all of our belongings to pack ON MY OWN and I’m not doing a great job at it since I’m trying to do a little bit at a time, but time is seriously picking up speed and I only have two months before we start our drive out East.
12. If anyone one has any suggestions on how to get this all done and not be an emotional wreck, or wants to come help me pack, I’ve got a couple of bedrooms you could use while we get it all done, because I’m afraid I’ve bitten off more than I can chew!
1.) Write a post in just 12 lines.
2.) Book Review time! Recommend a great book, perfect for these stormy fall days!
3.) Tell us about something that fascinates you.
4.) Write a list of 10 things you have said to your kids that other moms might not say.
5.) Halloween is coming! Show us what your kids will be wearing.