Ok, so I’ve mentioned it recently over the past several months that I’m finding my way back to my feminine side. One part of that is taking care of myself. A bit of pampering here, a bit of it there. I was sent a mascara last year and figured, what they heck, I’ll try it. Now it’s something I use on a daily basis and can’t imagine not wearing any more.
In fact, I had one of my co-workers ask me a couple weeks ago, “Can I ask you a personal question? Are those fake eyelashes?” Now, let me get one thing clear here. I’m lazy as they come. I have no time to put on fake eye lashes. lol I told her that it was only mascara and I brought in my tube to show her.
People notice when you’re taking care of yourself! I’m glad that I’m doing it for me, too. It makes ME feel better about myself and my feminine side. I enjoy it to a degree.
Working with CVS, I was able to ask Dr. Dina Strachan and Mickey Williams questions about health and beauty. Trust me I may be 43, but I have a long way to go about learning about beauty!
Here are what I asked and what their responses were:
1) How should I be taking care of my face and body with the cold dry weather descending on us. I can already feel the difference since the beginning of October? I have sensitive skin, and I'm 43. Is there something I should be doing on a daily basis?
Dr. Dina Strachan:
To prevent skin from drying out, be gentle on your skin. Avoid using too much hot water in the shower and when cleansing, use a gentle cleanser like Dove Nourishing Deep Moisture Body Wash. After a shower or bath, moisturize skin with a product such as Nuance Salma Hayek JoJoba Dual Phase Body Oil.
For FACE, I recommend applying gentle such as Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 and for dry hair, consider trying a conditioner like Nexxus Humectress Hydrating Treatment Deep Conditioner.
2) I want to go out and have fun on New Years Eve. I don't usually wear a lot of make-up but if I'm going to be dressed up and sparkly, what would you suggest to make my face match my dressing up?<!--more--!>a Rafflecopter giveaway
Nothing makes an eye more noticeable than a rich liner. Go for a cat-eye to make a transformation to glam. I'm obsessed with Loreal's cream liner. It stays in place, and comes with a brush that is super easy to use. Follow up with a few coats of mascara and you have a bold, gorgeous look without much effort.
3) My hair has terrible static with the dry weather. As in, I can absolutely do nothing with it because it just stands up like I've just touched one of those static balls at the Science Museum. I have very long hair but it's also fine. I've got about 4-5 months of dealing with this.
Even though your hair is thin, it needs moisture in order to not stand up and ultimately snap. Try weightless hydration in a shampoo and conditioner that will aid in keeping hair manageable. I have used static sprays for years in film and television on talent. It doesn't have the freshest scent, but it works at getting hair to stay low. Also, If you are wearing a hat this fall and winter, throw a bounce sheet in the hat.
4) My lips can become dry and cracked, and I like lip balm, but would like something with a tint to it as well as moisturizer. Any suggestions?
If you want to wear color, it’s important to add moisture with an additional product. Try a product like CoverGirl Outlast Moisturizing All-Day Lipcolor, which comes with a moisture balm.
Or use a balm with natural tints built into the formula. They won’t last as long, but your lips will thank you. One great option is Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. My absolute favorites are by Blistex. I use them on every single client I work with. Deep Renewal works as an anti-aging lip treatment with hyaluronic acid and coenzyme q-10 for moisture with an added SPF 15.
5) I see there's some great overnight products for faces. I don't take care of my face by putting any moisturizer on it or exfoliating it. I know it should be done, but is there a good regiment for someone just starting out?
Dr. Dina Strachan:
For a daily skin routine, wash your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser, such as CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser and apply a moisturizer with SPF, such as CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM. At night, after washing your face and removing your makeup, apply moisturizer.
Minnesota winters can be brutal on skin and hair. One thing I definitely need to do is increase my water intake!
So, equipped with the answers I received from my questions, I headed to CVS to do a bit of shopping and to sign up for the Beauty Club. CVS is relatively new to our area, being in a very rural community. Thankfully we have one not too far from work!
I hadn’t heard of the Beauty Club before, but after learning about it, I signed up. Here’s what I found out:
ExtraCare Beauty Club info:
· Members receive $5 ExtraBucks Rewards with every $50 spend on qualifying beauty purchases
· Members receive a 10% off beauty shopping pass upon enrollment
· Members receive $3 ExtraBucks Rewards on member’s birthday
· Members receive email newsletters with exclusive coupons, tips and new product info and offers.
· Join Now!! To sign up for the ExtraCare Beauty Club or to learn more, visit your local CVS/pharmacy or www.cvs.com/beautyclub.
CVS Beauty Guarantee:
· If you don't love your beauty purchase, get your money back. It's a risk-free way to shop!
I definitely took advantage of this shopping trip and signed up! I love that there’s a money back guarantee. Makes me feel safe with the purchases I make!
As I walked through the aisles I was surprised at all the savings. If you look at my pictures above, you’ll see tags with a lot of the products. I definitely need to save money as a single mom and if I can do it without clipping coupons, all the better for me! I can walk into CVS and my savings are already on the shelves waiting for me!
With these savings along with the CVS Beauty Club $5 ExtraBucks Rewards I’m set to get my bathroom in shape to pamper me from head to toe and have extra down the road to add a bit here and there! I love it!
Dr. Dina Strachan:
· Member of the CVS/pharmacy Beauty Board, a panel of beauty experts who provide interactive content and advice for fans of the CVS Beauty Club Facebook page. Launched in June 2011 to bring additional value, exclusive beauty insight and real-time advice to ExtraCare Beauty Club’s 12 million members, the Beauty Board provides more personalized answers to fans’ beauty questions.
- Beauty Board member, celebrity makeup artist Mickey Williams, offers fans tips on makeup application, how-tos on the latest hairstyles and the inside scoop on the hottest trends and newest beauty products. Mickey regularly works with celebrities like Amy Adams, Aisha Tyler, Emma Roberts, and Debra Mazur, and is also a frequent on-air guest for television beauty segments nationwide.
*I received a gift card to shop for products from CVS. The opinions expressed are my own.a Rafflecopter giveaway