Life isn’t easy. No one was ever guaranteed an easy go of it. If we each looked at the life of another, we’d know that they don’t live in some la-la land of perfection.
I’m so glad Amy shared her blog post with me, because to be honest, I’ve really be struggling to Love My Life lately. The past couple of months have been an emotional whirlwind that has at times gripped me and I just feel depressed. Thankfully we’re getting pretty well settled into life here with my family and the load feels like it’s lightening some.
I have so many things to be thankful for. Sometimes it’s just the little things, but I find those are the things that get me through the day to day. That’s how it’s been for years for me. If I can remember the little blessings that filter through my days then it puts a smile on my face.
So, let me share with you the little things I’m thankful for:
1. I have some of the greatest friends ever! Friends from church and from work. The love me just as I am, faults and all. They’ve stuck with me through thick and thin and without them my life would be it wouldn’t be as bright
2. My family. I’m so thankful that my family has opened their home up to me and my boys. Daily I see the sacrifices they are making for us to be here. They haven’t shared a house with kids or another adult for…well…years. My youngest brother is 27. They haven’t had preteens around her for longer than a week since he was a kid. lol
3. These 4 kids! They are a huge blessing to me and a joy to my heart! I would be an entirely different person without them in my life.
4. My blogging friends. I have met some really great people through the internet. Some people I’ve met in real life, some I have only talked to via their sites or email. I have a group of blogging friends on Facebook who are a constant source of encouragement and support.
5. I’ve met a great guy and we’ve been spending time getting to know each other. He doesn’t live very close to me so we don’t get to see each other a lot, but it’s fun getting to know someone again! He’s going to school to be a church planter and has a couple of kids about the same ages as my boys. It’s all very new so there aren’t a lot of details to share. We’ll see how it goes. =) After 6 yrs, it’s kind of nice to have met someone.
6. The Lord. My life would be so far off course if I hadn’t realized my need for Him when I was 20 yrs old. I was heading down a very bad path and it would’ve led to a horrible future. He is my Savior and my strength. Without Him, I'm nothing and I’m everything with Him! From Him I get my true joy.
So, instead of of using the phrase FML (what a terrible acronym for a terrible phrase) consider daily thinking of why you could say you “LML”! Consider writing a quick post that tells everyone about how much you love your life. If you do, make sure to link up!