- The Essentials of Effective Prayer
- Building a Marriage That Really Works
- Forgiveness: Breaking the Power of the Past
- How Do You Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk?
- How to Make Choices You Won’t Regret
- Money & Possessions: The Quest for Contentment
- How Do You Know God’s Your Father?
- A Man’s Strategy for Conquering Temptation
- Being a Disciple: Counting the Cost
- Discovering What the Future Holds
- Having a Real Relationship with God
- Living a Life of Real Worship
- Living Victoriously in Difficult Times
- Rising to the Call of Leadership
- Key Principles of Biblical Fasting
- What Does the Bible Say About Sex?
I'd like to thank Amy with RandomHouse.com for providing me with my copy of The 40 Minute Bible Study. If you'd like to purchase any books in this series, you can type the name in the Christianbook.com box on the right side of my blog.
Kay Arthur, executive vice president and cofounder of Precept Ministries International has worked with her teaching staff to create the powerful 40-Minute Bible Studies series. Kay is known around the world as a Bible teacher, author, conference speaker, and host of national radio and television programs.
This study is set up for a Small Group setting. Of course, if you were to do it on your own, you would learn a lot from the Biblical teaching. Kay and Pete have the participants and leader observe what is written in the scriptures provided. They have you go through and mark your book with key words they will discuss.
There are several parts to each lesson that you are to observe the scripture and then discuss what you've learned. They have prompts throughout the discussion to help you dive into what the deeper meanings are. One of the sections of each topic I especially liked are the "Insights". It's the area where certain words are translated to give us a better understanding of the original meanings.
Throughout each section is ample room to write notes, which is something I definitely appreciate. At the end of each weekly discussion is the "Wrap It Up" section that covers what we've just learned in the study.
I'm going to give away a copy of Kay's study "Key Principles of Biblical Fasting". Leave a comment letting me know if you've ever fasted. I have fasted certain meals and I believe I've done the 30 Hour Famine 2x. It wasn't so bad after I got past the hungry part and focused on the Lord. It's been cool to be with the kids while they did this fast.
As always, please leave an email address so I can enter you to win and contact you if you do. Open to US residents. This giveaway will run through Aug 19th. Thank you for visiting!