- Don’t be owned by a clique
- Don’t be reliant on other kids for your happiness
- Learn to say no in the face of opposition
- Acting confident is the first step to feeling confident
- Take control of friendships and set clear boundaries and limits
- Talk, talk, talk about bullying. Encourage confrontation and “out” the bully
Female role models can make a huge difference in the life of young girls. The truth is that if you are a mom, your daughter already has a powerful role model: YOU. Like it or not, she is learning what it means to be female by observing you in your day to day operations. If as a parent, you are modeling positive interaction, ethical and kind behavior, chances are you will help to raise a daughter with the highest character.