It’s the weekend. You know, the days where you don’t have to go to school. Rugby, it’s the days we’re all home ALL DAY together.
Guess what I like to do on these two glorious day boys (and yes, this includes you Rugby)? I like to sleep in.
Unlike Monday-Friday where I’m calling out your name at 7 am. I know you 3 like to wake up at the crack of dawn. All by yourselves. Regardless of my continuing efforts to keep you up late so that maybe, just maybe you’ll sleep in, too.
So far, no such luck.
Let’s get a few things straight since I’ve been working on this since, well, forever it seems:
- Yes, if there are donuts, you may have one. I will let you know the night before if we have them so you don’t have to come ask me.
- Yes, you can play on the computer, watch tv, play PS2 or run around the house in your boxers.
- No you may not go to the neighbors, they’re probably still sleeping like good little angels
- Rugby, if you’ve got to pee, why not go ask one of the kids who are up? Why come down and bump my bed over and over so I have to get out of bed just to let you out? Sticking your face in mine not only freaks me out when I open my eyes, but it’s a tad bit annoying.
- Boys, could ya feed the dog? We’ve had him for 2 yrs. Is this too much to ask?
Yes, I know that sleeping in is a luxury and some people think sleeping in would be moseying out of bed at 7 am. Well, if you stay up until 1-2am that’s only 5-6 hours of sleep.
I’m not a morning person. Never have been, never will be. You and I will probably get the same amount of sleep. It’s just a matter of when we get that sleep. Just sayin’.
Ok boys (the three of yous) Sunday is here. Yes, we’re going to church. Yes, you need to take a shower. Yes, you can and can’t do all of the above. What I’d most like for you to do is let me sleep in. No interruptions. Just some glorious deep REM sleep.
Your Half Conscious Mom