It's not very often I have the opportunity review something I consider luxurious. Then along comes the chance to try Senteurs d’Orient. I haven't used a bar soap for years, and the thought of going back to basics by trying these were very appealing to me.
Now, I'm going to call myself out on something here before my husband has the chance to. I have a slight "addiction" to the scent of the first bar I tried. After the first time I'd showered with the Tuberose aromatherapy scent, we were driving somewhere, and he looked over at me like there was an issue. I think it was the fact that I kept randomly smelling my skin. It's entirely possible this has occurred each time I've showered with the Senteurs d’Orient.
These Hammam soaps are made with essential oils. In case you didn't know, a Hammam is a Turkish bath! Think...luxurious. That's going to be the word of the day my friends. Artisans make these in Lebanon, where they are hand-mixed and dried for 10 days. The aromatherapy scents are created by master perfumers in Grassse, France. What more could you ask for in a soap?! What a perfect combination in one bar.
When I took my shower, the soap gave me a very rich lather (I completely skipped a wash cloth). Unlike the liquid soaps using the Senteurs d’Orient I haven't been left with a film on my skin. It felt extremely clean! Much different than my usual, drab showering experience.
Now let me tell you about how Senteurs d’Orient gives back! "With a belief that education is the key to empowerment, Senteurs d’Orient is an official partner of the United Nations Development Program for Women’s Education in Lebanon and donates 10% of the proceeds from every product to help Lebanese women." What an amazing way for a woman owned and run company to give back to the women who are part of her heritage!
- Orange Blossom/ Fleur d’Oranger: Infusing the fresh Mediterranean air with soft sensuality, Orange Blossoms uplift the spirit with a clean and floral yet woodsy perfume.
- Jasmine of Arabia/ Jasmin d’Arabie: Among all the legendary Jasmine flowers on the Mediterranean coast, the Jasmine of Arabia imparts the most exquisite and sublimely soothing scent.
- Amber/ Ambre: Revered across the Middle East for its rich and luxurious palette, Amber’s seductive notes of musk and wood evoke the majesty of the Orient.
- Rose of Damascus/ Rose de Damas: A voluptuous bouquet embodying the essence of femininity, the Rose of Damascus is at once fresh and stimulating, graceful and elegant.
- Tuberose/ Tubereuse: Celebrated throughout the Middle East, Tuberose, also known as the mysteriously nocturnal "Queen of the Night”, entices with a warm and sensuous fragrance.