Short Blurb of I Dare You To Change!: I Dare You To Change! was released in September 2010 and has already become a USA Today and Wall Street Journal National Best Seller with over 60,000 books in print! A no-holds-barred motivational action plan that shows you how to take charge of your life and find God's best for you from one of the most exciting new pastors in America! Why can't I ever get ahead? Why do I always have to settle for less than I planned? Most of us have asked ourselves these questions at one time or another. Pastor Bil Cornelius firmly believes that everyone wants to do better, live better, and to be a better person but we find it difficult to sustain a life of peace and fulfillment. In I Dare You to Change! Pastor Cornelius explains in his trademark winning style how to live the life that God has planned for us. In this inspiring and biblically oriented book, he shows us the difference between dreaming of a better life and actually living one. Using the story of Gideon from the book of Judges, he shows you how to re-imagine life and to understand the steps that you need to take each day to make it happen.
Pastor Bil Cornelius’s Bio: Bil Cornelius is the lead Pastor of Bay Area Fellowship, which is one of Outreach Magazine’s Top 100 fastest-growing and largest churches. Bil's life calling has been to create a movement that is reaching into the lives of the lost and unchurched of the next generation and beyond. In 2008 Bil took his teaching to television and launched Bil Cornelius Ministries. By the end of 2009, the program expanded worldwide through Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), Daystar, The Church Channel and ABC Family and is currently reaching millions across the globe. Bil travels around the country speaking and consulting on church health and growth. In 2004, Bil received the Purpose-Driven Health Award, from Rick Warren of Saddleback Church. Bil thrives on helping people reach their full potential in Christ and taking the limits off their life.
Links: I Dare You To Change! Website
Q&A with Author Pastor Bil:
(1) Why do you think God places promises beyond a person’s current reach? God is interested in our growth more than our comfort. One of the biggest reasons why God gives us dreams bigger than our abilities, is so we have to depend upon Him for their accomplishment. Another phrase I use often is people use people to get tasks done, but God uses tasks to get people done! He gives you an assignment bigger than you are for one reason only…to grow you.
(2) How can a person protect herself/himself from slipping back into old habits? The best protection from moving backwards is to always be moving forwards! This is why setting new goals is a continuing process…or as the Bible says, we go from glory to glory! Accountability is important as well as a strong routine, but nothing takes the place of forward movement!
(3) How did it feel when God fulfilled one of His major promises to you? Accomplishing something great with God’s help is exhilarating! It’s also addictive in a very good way! God wants us to get hooked on His will by moving into a place so far ahead of where we ever dreamed, that we are in “promise land” territory beyond our abilities.
(4) You write that encouragement is important. Who has been your greatest encourager? My greatest encouragers vary, but the most consistent are the Holy Spirit, the Bible, and my wife Jessica. My time with God keeps me going, and when I’m stuck, nothing can replace a loving example and encouraging word that comes from my closest friend in the universe, Jessica. She always knows just what to say when I need it.
(5) What has been the most difficult change for you? The toughest change has been the acceptance that my time is limited. I can’t speak at every event, nor can I be available to everyone anymore. The price for God opportunities is to quit committing to good opportunities. God has a “best will” versus a “good will.” Limiting my schedule to the absolute highest uses of my time has transformed my life, family, and ministry. This will move you from success to significance, and it is worth it!
Giveaway: Win a copy of I Dare You To Change! signed by Pastor Bil Giveaway Details - (up to 5 entries can be made. Must have 1 comment per entry)
• Leave a comment to this post with your email address. • Receive an extra entry by becoming a follower, or by reminding me that you are already a follower. Leave a second comment.
• Receive bonus entries by posting about this giveaway on your blog, Facebook and/or Twitter. Please leave a comment for each social networking platform you share this post on (up to 3).
• Deadline to enter is midnight on Nov 6th.
• Winner will be notified via email. Please join us at the next IDY2C Blog Tour stop with Alene Snodgrass next week! If you have any questions, concerns or would like to participate in the IDY2C Blog Tour email Christina.
Please join us at the next IDY2C Blog Tour stop with Alene Snodgrass next week!
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to participate in the IDY2C Blog Tour email Christina.
*I did not receive any compensation for this post. I have also not read this book.