This year both of my boys have gone insane for LEGOs. Christmas for them was pretty much all LEGO related. Let me be clear here, LEGO Star Wars to be exact. My boys are 11 and 7 and I thought we were going to bypass the whole LEGO phenomenon. I guess not.
The neighbor boy, who’s the same age as my oldest son, has enough LEGOs to fill a house and so when the boys started playing together my son got the “bug”. Well, grandma was MORE than happy to pile them high with Star Wars for Christmas!The the coup de tat was that LEGO KidsFest is coming to the Minneapolis Convention Center! We just went to the LEGO store that was remodeled at the Mall of America and my boys were in heaven. These photos are from a couple weeks ago.
The LEGO® KidsFest is filled with interactive, creative and educational activities for the whole family! Join us for hands-on educational fun for all ages: LEGO & DUPLO® Construction Zones, dozens of large-scale and miniature LEGO models and displays, LEGO Universe and LEGO Games, group builds Creation Nation and Mystery Murals, live LEGO Master Builders, and much more!
The 2011 tour stops have been announced: Minneapolis, MN; Pittsburgh, PA; Raliegh, NC; Cleveland, OH; and Hartford, CT. Tickets are on sale now for select cities! Only 48 days until LEGO KidsFest - Minneapolis/St.Paul!
LEGO KidsFest brings all of the creative hands-on, minds-on fun of LEGO building and experiences together in one activity- and entertainment-packed family event for children of all ages and builders of all skills and interests. Among the many LEGO attractions, families will find:
- LEGO Model Gallery: 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- LEGO Master Builders: building tips, tricks and live demonstrations from the crew who get paid to play
- Creation Nation: build your own creation to add to a custom map of the U.S.
- Mystery Mural: build a piece of a giant mural to help reveal the image
- Race Ramp: build your own custom car, then race it down the ramp against friends and family
- LEGO Games Arena: roll the dice to play LEGO board games
- Construction Zone: creative free build, play and display area
- LEGO DUPLO® Jams: toddlers explore building and imagination while rocking out to fun playroom tunes
- And much more, covering 175,000 square feet of space
Friday, May 20th 4pm - 9pm
Saturday, May 21st Session I: 9 am – 2 pm Session II: 3 pm – 8 pm
Sunday, May 22nd Session I: 9 am – 2 pm Session II: 3 pm – 8 pm
(Note: Each session offers the same exhibits and activities)
Minneapolis Convention Center 1301 Second Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403 612.335.6000 www.minneapolisconventioncenter.com
I will be posting a giveaway the first week of May so be on the look out if you’re interested in going!!
I have been given tickets to the LEGO KidsFest. Any opinions are mine and never influenced by the company.