I don’t know how you feel about shopping on Black Friday, but it’s become tradition in my house. It started when I lived in WA and was reinforced when I did it with my sister-in-law in Chicago. We’d wake our girls up to go with us and we’d have a blast!
Things have changed over the last few years. I’ve gotten a lot more picky about what stores I shop at on Black Friday because I work retail and that means I have to work that afternoon/evening, too. I have a lot of “home” stuff I want to get for me this year since I’m spending so much more time in the kitchen doing homemade meals!
Thankfully World Market has a great selection of products that will make shopping much easier on Friday! First of all, I’ve got a few ideas for some of the people in my family:
1. Brown and Green Marbled scarf (for my daughter) 2. Classic Brewery Classes, set of 4 (for my dad) 3. Animal Hand Tattoos (for my boys who love them) 4. Fido’s Cookies Barker’s Dozen (for my parents pups)
Seriously, World Market has something for everyone. I want my boys to have fun baking cookies with me this year and I thought it would be fun to spell things out with this set:
My aunt is always telling me how much she loves homemade gifts and we could spell out her name and her cats names. I have to say, I really like their line of Fred products, in case any family members are reading this! hint hint
Speaking of baking, I’m loving the idea of having a themed year. My aunt has themed trees and I’ve always just mishmashed everything together. Being here in MN where there is a lot of Nordic themes I thought the Alpine line would be fun!
1. Alpine Hearts Apron 2. Holiday Measuring Cups, set of 4 3. Melamine Alpine Bird Rectangular Tray 4. Waffle Weave Appliqué Bird Kitchen Towels
Exactly what I need to make these amazing sounding scones…
For real, Peppermint Chocolate Chip Scones! YUM!
Not only is World Market open on Black Friday they have a fantastic Sweepstakes going on right now!
The Life of Pi Sweepstakes
- Grand Prize package includes: a dream trip for 2 to India and a $1,000 World Market Gift card.
- There will also be 3 runner up prize winners that will each receive a $500 World Market gift card!
- The Life of Pi Sweepstakes runs from 11/17 - 12/28.
- If you share the sweepstakes with 5 of your friends (via FB share or email) you can receive 5 additional bonus entries. This is part of the registration process when entering. Users can also enter daily for more chances to win.
- Enter online at http://worldmarketsweepstakes.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/worldmarket?fref=ts
Have you heard about the movie Life of Pi? It’s the story of an Indian boy named Pi, a zookeeper’s son, who survives a disaster at sea and is thrown into an epic journey. While adrift in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, he forms an amazing and unexpected connection with another a fearsome Bengal tiger. The movie opens in theaters November 21, 2012. You can watch the trailer for Life of Pi here: http://www.lifeofpimovie.com/#!/watch-trailer
Black Friday World Market and The Life of Pi will be having giveaways! The first 100 customers to shop in-store on 11/23(Black Friday) will receive a FREE Limited Edition Life of Pi ornament and a FREE Life of Pi movie ticket. The first 100 customers to shop in-store on Saturday, 11/24 & Sunday, 11/25 will receive a FREE Limited Edition Life of Pi Tote Bag and a movie ticket.
Have fun shopping this Friday and if you head to World Market, but sure to come back and tell me what you bought!